MCARA Units > VMP-254 (1946-1949)
Marine Photo Reconnaissance Squadron-254 (VMP-254) History
VMP-254 was commissioned in December, 1946 at MCAS El Toro under the 1st MAW. It was assigned the F-7F Tigercats and later F4F-5P Corsairs, but soon became a paper squadron due to the reduction in forces after WW II. It was decommissioned in December, 1949 and all its assets transferred to 1st MAW HEDRON -1.